The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:00:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Johannes Haarklou

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johannes Haarklou  (Read 290 times)
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:39:51 am »

May of course be a name familiar to everyone except me, but thought I'd put it up and see.

4th Symphony, and a recommendation for the fairly recent YT uploader, 'Bom Cabedal'; might be a name worth watching ?!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:16:36 pm by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest145
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:49:43 pm »

Thanks for the tip, Clive -- I'd never heard of this composer but what I heard when I sampled your link is lovely!
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:01:01 pm »

Yes, I discovered this channel recently and was quite delighted by it! As I mentioned in another thread, Sterling was planning to record a series of Haarklou's orchestral works, but the project sadly never came to be due to funding issues :(

There's also a completion of Bartok's early Symphony in E-flat (of which Bartok only left the Scherzo complete) on that channel. Though it contains few presages of the Bartok to come in its firmly late-romantic style, it is still a worthwhile listen :)
Report Spam   Logged
shamus
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:43:24 pm »

Thanks for the direction, I really enjoyed this symphony and would love to hear more. I wish the Norwegian radio station was easier to determine what they play and when, as I used to be able to catch a few broadcasts of archival performances. Swedish radio does a great job, and they sometimes broadcast concerts from countries besides Sweden. So, if anyone else has anything to offer, it would be wonderful. Thanks, Jim
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: