The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:06:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Philip Glass - world premiere - THE PERFECT AMERICAN - free webstream TODAY

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Philip Glass - world premiere - THE PERFECT AMERICAN - free webstream TODAY  (Read 261 times)
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2013, 01:50:48 pm »

There is a free-to-watch webstream of Philip Glass's opera THE PERFECT AMERICAN (on the life of Walt Disney) today on medici

WATCH HERE

The link is said to be valid for up to three days later - registration (allegedly) required, but free-of-charge.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest54
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 12:20:05 pm »

Thanks for posting this link Neil! Although the music of this composer is not my cup of tea, I thought I might download the work anyway. But after a minute or two things began popping up, desperately demanding my "registration" (as you predicted) and - not taking "no" for an answer - hiding everything else. Perhaps I'll try again later. I haven't done any Arte downloads lately either; the last time I looked they had changed their index page, made it rather confusing, and reduced the choice.
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:45:08 pm »

Joining a Rossini (L'Italiana in Algeri) and a Verdi (Traviata), this Glass American has to-day appeared at Arte Live, whence it is easier to retrieve than from the original link in post 1. Here is the address:

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/The_Perfect_American_TeatroReal_Madrid/

Members wishing to retain a permanent record of the occasion may find "Pupper" useful; it's at our new "Third Programme revival" forum (still under construction). Just register at

http://thethird.freeforums.net

Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 05:34:19 am »

Thank you for that helpful information and new link address, Sydney!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: