The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:43:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Louis Glass

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis Glass  (Read 3630 times)
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »

Actually, I feel the Plovdiv orchestra in the Glass cycle is wretchedly inferior to the Moscow Symphony in the Tournemire cycle...

Regarding the purported Wordsworth cycle -- of course, these decisions almost always come down to money, unfortunately. Although I'm somewhat at a loss as to why, if indeed the recordings were made, the company didn't go ahead and try to recoup some of their investment by actually releasing them! Surely it can't have been a negligible cost to record an entire symphonic cycle! Or at least sell the masters to a more enterprising outfit. Ah well...
I'd be willing to bet that projects like this are fully funded by your occasional wealthy eccentric, who may or may not care whether or not the recordings ever see the light of day, as long as he/she (but probably he) gets a CD privately burned for him of the master tapes.  It's like commissioning your own private orchestra and recording studio for a vanity project.  Thus the label takes no loss on the deal.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: