The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:02:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Cameo Classics

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cameo Classics  (Read 2674 times)
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 05:04:24 pm »

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Jimfin.  I can report that the website was back, and fully functional, last weekend.
It was a really worrying time with so many recent projects newly released, though quite a few customers did pay from their Paypal accounts, emailing the catalogue number and address.
'Zejeal' is reported as a Far East organisation NOT Israeli, I am pleased to say, considering around half our releases feature the Jewish composers Ignaz Brüll and Salomon Jadassohn. That would have been tough to take.
Good!  Because I want to pick up some of that Brüll!  Especially the symphony!
Report Spam   Logged
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 12:48:34 am »

I have been told or read (I no longer remember by whom or where, so you'll have to take my word for it for now) that the Cameo Ivanovs series is, in fact, lamentably dead.

As far as I am aware, there never was going to be a Cameo Ivanovs series. Where did you hear about it? I advise Cameo on repertoire and I have never advised the company to embark on an Ivanovs series - not that it's a bad idea!
Report Spam   Logged
guest145
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »

As far as I am aware, there never was going to be a Cameo Ivanovs series. Where did you hear about it? I advise Cameo on repertoire and I have never advised the company to embark on an Ivanovs series - not that it's a bad idea!

When the Ivanovs CDs on Cameo began appearing, I remember the website at the time stating there would be a series of discs of Ivanovs symphonies. The graphics on the discs very clearly implied that there would be a series, with volume numbering:

Since the series quickly accumulated a number of symphonies issued sequentially, there was a widespread belief among collectors that it would soon comprise all 21 symphonies. Perhaps an unwarranted assumption on our part, but it sure seemed as if that was what was going on.
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 09:53:41 pm »

Like Latvian I had the same idea. I must admit though, that I never saw that they planned it that way.
Perhaps it was going to be the complete cycle, but (possibly) sales were not so good?
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 08:14:55 am »

None of the Ivanovs seem to be available on the web site. Terrible site design, I'm afraid. In some cases you have to expand the CD cover to find out what is on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »

Is it still alive?
 :-\
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:50 am »

The website has been shut down.
Report Spam   Logged
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 08:04:40 pm »

The Ivanovs were never released by Cameo Classics. They appeared on a label called "Cameo" and can still be picked up from Amazon. Confusing, I admit, but there it is.

Cameo Classics (not Cameo) have just done a distribution deal with Nimbus and that is why the website has been taken down. The full catalogue should start appearing over the next month or so.
Report Spam   Logged
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 09:36:12 pm »

The Ivanovs were never released by Cameo Classics. They appeared on a label called "Cameo" and can still be picked up from Amazon. Confusing, I admit, but there it is.

Cameo Classics (not Cameo) have just done a distribution deal with Nimbus and that is why the website has been taken down. The full catalogue should start appearing over the next month or so.
You beat me to it!  I just got this from David Kent Watson via email: "I will be writing officially about the site etc soon, but for your info (and you are free to put it on the forums) I have signed a 'Production and Distribution Partnership' Agreement with Nimbus Wyastone Ltd., whereby all Cameo Classics CDs will be available worldwide through all retail outlets served by Nimbus, and I guess that means just about all of them.  This is a better deal for
our existing customers, saving the previous onerous but unavoidable P&P charges.

Cameo Classics joins Lyrita Recorded Edition and Hallé labels in this respect
as partner labels to Nimbus.

That is why the website has been closed permanently.

Cameo Classics is also supplying a three-hour plus concert section for British Music Radio (on-line)"
Report Spam   Logged
BrianA
Level 4

Times thanked: 29

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:41 am »

Who knew???  Now that the obvious has been pointed out to me, it does explain one or two things I could never figure out...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: