The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:58:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Symphony Cycle of Allan Pettersson

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Symphony Cycle of Allan Pettersson  (Read 378 times)
A.S
« on: January 30, 2013, 12:45:38 pm »

Dear members,

Does anyone recorded below link of concert recording cycle of symphonies by Pettersson?
  I got some from Unsung composers board. But hope some more recordings ::)

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=4112&grupp=15996

Atsushi
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:12:31 pm »

Atsushi, would you tell me which symphonies you need? I recorded them, apart from 10, 11 and 13. (No. 10 hasn't been broadcast at all I think.)
I uploaded 4, 5, and 6 last year I think.
Some of the recordings are commercially available but I haven't checked which.
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »

Any more uploadable broadcast performances of Pettersson Symphonies would be great to have (I don't believe No.5 was ever posted on UC).

BTW, there's a photo of Pettersson in the link Atsushi provides I've never seen before.  Very nice to view a younger AP than what I'm accustomed to.
Report Spam   Logged
A.S
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »

Atsushi, would you tell me which symphonies you need? I recorded them, apart from 10, 11 and 13. (No. 10 hasn't been broadcast at all I think.)
I uploaded 4, 5, and 6 last year I think.
Some of the recordings are commercially available but I haven't checked which.

Wonderful!!  I hope #2 , #3 , #8 , #9 , #12 , and #14 to #16.  Thanks a lot :D
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:56:02 pm »

I will try to upload your requests in the nearby future, Atsushi, but I have to ask for help: I am very short of time and it would help me a lot if you or someone else could check out for me if any of your requests have been made commercially available. I know for sure that No. 9 is the same performance as that released by cpo. Moreover, Sicmu uploaded No. 8 at UC in an LP release with Comissiona, the same, I suppose, as was broadcast.
So we already have Nos. 4, 5, 6 and 8 in the same performance/recording as broadcast by Swedish radio P2.
Report Spam   Logged
A.S
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »

I will try to upload your requests in the nearby future, Atsushi, but I have to ask for help: I am very short of time and it would help me a lot if you or someone else could check out for me if any of your requests have been made commercially available. I know for sure that No. 9 is the same performance as that released by cpo. Moreover, Sicmu uploaded No. 8 at UC in an LP release with Comissiona, the same, I suppose, as was broadcast.
So we already have Nos. 4, 5, 6 and 8 in the same performance/recording as broadcast by Swedish radio P2.

Thank you. I studied about recording.

Sym#2 : Possibly it is same recording of SWEDISH SOCIETY DISCOFIL SCD 1012 (1987)
  Sym#12 : Seems same of CPO 777 146-2 (2006) :-\
  Sym#15 : Seems not available by commercial recording
  Sym#16 : Maybe same of SWEDISH SOCIETY DISCOFIL SCD 1002 (1994)

Muuu... Only #3 and #14 are not available by commercial recording, as far as I know.

Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 03:56:07 pm »

I think No. 14 is the cpo recording - isn't it? So that will leave just Nos. 3 and 15!  :-\
Report Spam   Logged
A.S
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:13:27 pm »

I think No. 14 is the cpo recording - isn't it? So that will leave just Nos. 3 and 15!  :-\

Oh yes.  Anyway, many thanks about uploading them :D    Atsushi
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »

You are welcome, Atsushi! Keep watching this space: I will come up with a few surprises at the weekend! :)
Report Spam   Logged
A.S
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 10:33:04 pm »

You are welcome, Atsushi! Keep watching this space: I will come up with a few surprises at the weekend! :)

Seems very interesting!  Yes, I am looking forward something surprise :D
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: