The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:00:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Joachim Raff Choral/Orchestral Music from Sterling

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim Raff Choral/Orchestral Music from Sterling  (Read 565 times)
kyjo
« on: January 18, 2013, 08:32:57 pm »

At the risk of unintentionally further drilling in the fact that romantic music is getting better served on disc these days than modern music ;D, I would like to bring up this new Sterling disc of sacred music for chorus and orchestra by the Swiss romantic composer Joachim Raff for those interested:

Raff, a composer that is held in very high regard at the "other forum", is one of the most talented lesser-known composers of his generation, so I shall be looking forward to this release :)

Now......I just wish I could find out about a new recording of, say, a Daniel Jones symphony cycle to counterbalance this (and the CPO releases) and please one member here who previously complained about there being no balance between releases of romantic and modern music ;D
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:17:37 am »

Well...we know at least two more people who will be very happy bunnies ;D
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:30:34 am »

I know who you mean ;D, but I don't exactly understand your "bunnies" reference ???
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:34:15 am »

Definition of "happy bunny" (noun)

A contented person. Mostly used in the negative.
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:45:39 am »

Ah.....must be a British term ;D

Honestly, I think I would be able to enjoy Raff's music more if I didn't know that he is practically "worshipped" by those two people ;D If you disliked Raff, you're out ;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest251
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:42 am »

Indeed, in fact both persons have been expounding about this new Sterling release at length in the Other Place. An even more heinous sin in their eyes is not to be keen on Rufinatscha. But of course, according to one of them, this forum is just full of "list compilers"..... :o
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:49:06 pm »

Indeed, in fact both persons have been expounding about this new Sterling release at length in the Other Place. An even more heinous sin in their eyes is not to be keen on Rufinatscha. But of course, according to one of them, this forum is just full of "list compilers"..... :o

Well, of course, it isn't...."just full of ....", I mean :)

There are a couple of-I prefer to call myself a cataloguer ;D

And, sometimes, a catalogue (or even a "list") can prove to be so useful/interesting that the compiler attracts the attention of people in very "high places" :-X
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:49 am »

I'm not surprised ::)

Oh, don't even get me started on the whole "list compilers" business >:(

Again, Rufinatscha is a fine composer, but the fact that his music is so overtly expounded over there means that I cannot listen to his music without thinking......oh, never mind! I'd best stop there before I make a fool of myself :-X
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: