The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:16:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

kleines c

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kleines c  (Read 6259 times)
kleines c
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »

I do have a problem with this particular forum, Neil, so I thought that the best thing would be if I was totally upfront about it, and then the whole membership can comment as they see fit!

I am no musician, Sydney Grew.  The reason we first met, online, was because we all listen to BBC Radio 3, on occasion, and I found my way on to the original BBC message boards to comment about the 2004 Proms.  I was rather intrigued by some of the reactions.  I did not even do Music at school to GCSE level (although I did go to a very musical school).  I even have a terrible singing voice, so I am no tenor nor bass C (German - kleines).

By academic training, I am educated to an extremely high level, but as a natural scientist rather than in the arts, although I obviously have a keen social interest in music, the wider arts and culture in general.  Professionally, I could not be further removed!

The kinds of subject that I can talk about with any authority are precisely the kinds of subject in which you would all be least interested.  In all humility, therefore, I suspect that it is probably better if I do not waste your time here.  Nevertheless, I should like to take this opportunity to wish you all well!  Happy New Year to you all! c.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: