The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:23:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

kleines c

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kleines c  (Read 6255 times)
kleines c
« on: January 09, 2013, 08:57:44 am »

You could expect the George to be rather busier than on previous occasions, Neil, if only because of the publicity it has received over the Christmas holidays, not only here online, but also all over London! The George Inn Southwark is not my favourite public house in London, by any means, it does not compare, for example, with the legendary Nag's Head, but the legendary Nag herself is wise enough to know that it's all horses for courses, anyway!

I suppose that it is interesting how the explosive growth of social media has changed the ways in which we interact with one another in the twenty-first century. For all of us, it remains an experiment in progress. I do not personally use either Facebook or Twitter, for example, but I have always felt that it is important to ground virtual reality in the real world.  So kleines c is a real person, although you can drop the kleines if you want (it conveys a variety of different meanings, as well you know), and in the German-speaking world, I am often called kleines, so my online nickname works well enough offline.

Obviously, Neil, my background is not your background, and I am sure that we could find myriad things to disagree with one another about.  Yet that is beside the point.  We should value a society which makes our individual and collective existence possible.  We are, in a profound sense, such things as dreams are made of. Congratulations to all!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: