The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:59:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Your Discovery of the Year

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Discovery of the Year  (Read 24451 times)
kyjo
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »

Sorry, Mr. Kyjo - probably not quite what you had in mind for your thread, but if you're asking for perception-altering discoveries.... !

That's quite alright, Clive. Any discovery relating to music made last year is welcome to be mentioned in this thread :)

Roelof's greatest discovery, the discovery of UC and now this forum, is shared by myself and many others here. Without the generous contributions of our members, we wouldn't be able to make so many great discoveries :)

Thanks, Jim, for the recommendation of the Peter Hope disc. For some reason, it has slipped under my radar ::)

Logeny, I can see why you might think the Hurwit is a bit repetitive, but please give it another try :) I also greatly enjoyed those Raykhelson and Giannini discs-wonderful, thoroughly romantic music written well into the 20th, and, in the case of Raykhelson, 21st centuries :) As those who know my musical tastes could probably guess, I love Giannini's PC ;D

Braunfels is another wonderful composer who has been getting a mini-revival as of late. Quite recently, the Oehms disc with his Organ Concerto was released, and CPO is planning to release a disc with his Sinfonia Concertante for violin, viola, two horns and string orchestra and a string orchestral version of his String Quintet :)

Thanks for all of your replies :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: