The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:59:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Christopher Gunning (b. 1954): Concertos for Guitar, Clarinet and Flute

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Gunning (b. 1954): Concertos for Guitar, Clarinet and Flute  (Read 2914 times)
kyjo
« on: December 31, 2012, 09:58:08 pm »

I see Colin has already mentioned this in his Gunning catalogue, but I will cross-post this information into the New Recordings board. Discovery Music is planning to release a disc containing three concertante works by the contemporary British composer Christopher Gunning: the Guitar Concerto (2011), Concerto for clarinet and strings (2009) and the Flute Concertino. Gunning composes in a tonal, accessible style often influenced by film music, which Gunning is also known for composing. I enjoyed the two discs of his orchestral music already available, so I shall be looking forward to this release, which should be out around mid-February. Here's proof: http://www.amazon.com/Cto-Guitar-Clarinet-Concertino/dp/B00A8HGR0M/ref=sr_1_85?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1356990442&sr=1-85

:)

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:46:38 am »

I suspect-although I have absolutely no evidence to support this supposition-that Gunning may help to finance his own recordings.
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:10:38 am »

Probably true, as many of his works have been recorded. Do you like his music, Colin?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: