The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:16:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

7zip

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7zip  (Read 572 times)
fr8nks
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:15:48 am »

I posted this here to make it easier to find.

Here is how to download:

1. you need 7zip installed on your computer. It's free and takes about 30 seconds to install. Get it here:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

There are 9 choices for download--use the top one. Winzip won't work if you have it and this will do everything Winzip does but better.

2. Download both halves or thirds of the concert even if you only want the first work listed. Most files end in 001 and then 002 and maybe 003. You will get a funny looking icon when you download each file. It takes several minutes to download each half but you can minimize the download and continue to use your computer for other things.

3. After you have all of the files on your computer, right click on the first one downloaded and you will see a menu appear. Place your mouse over 7zip in this menu and a new menu opens. The 4th option listed reads "Extract here". Click  on this and BOTH halves of the file will open or all three files if that is the case.

Frank
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:12 am »

Kind of you, Mr. Frank, but like the efforts of the other gentlemen, doomed to failure when faced with my incompetence !
My computer now says this 7zip is installed, but right clicking on the Rouse files, or any other for that matter, brings up no mention of it in a menu.
Thought about re-downloading the Rouse files, in case something I'd done had mucked them up, but the first link no longer works; something about 'broken or encrypted file'.
Think I'd better stop wasting good people's time, and hope the Requiem, which is all I really want, comes out on CD some time.

Many thanks and Happy Holidays to you
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
fr8nks
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:07:22 pm »

Someone else had the same problem as you. They solved it by going into "Programs" and opening 7zip from there. Find the folder where the music files are and right click on .001

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also.
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:06:59 pm »

Thank you - doesn't work, of course;I've uninstalled 7zip, hjsplit & deleted the Rouse files.
We should leave it - so sorry to have bothered you all with my idiocy, gentlemen. Let's return to the music !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: