The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:50:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Happy Christmas

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Christmas  (Read 3402 times)
kyjo
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:03 pm »

Welcome back, Neil :)
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:58 pm »

Thank you very much  :)  Due to the peculiarities and historic legacy of the Russian calendar, we are still in Advent - Christmas falls next week on Jan 7th, so I get a second chance to wish you all a Very Merry then  ;)
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 01:54:53 pm »

Сь Рождеством! 

Wishing a Merry Xmas to any of our Russian-oriented members... for whom 6th December is Christmas Eve :)

Report Spam   Logged
kleines c
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 06:29:05 am »

Better late than never, Neil, here is a belated Happy New Year to the entire Art-Music Forum community from kleines c.  Social conventions have applied to both playing and listening to music, Albion, but over the years they have operated very differently.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/page/m/music/

In particular, I should like to recommend a visit to the Victoria and Albert Musum (V&A), at least to everyone who will visit London during 2013.  In particular, 'David Bowie is' should be particularly interesting for kleines c.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/david-bowie-is/

Ground Control to Major Tom ...

I was rather busy over the Christmas holidays, Sydney Grew, what with family and friends, let alone all the challenges we face in 2013.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; we shall overcome the world.
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 09:50:09 am »

Aha, that's Vauxhall Gardens, isn't it? Or Ranelagh? :)
Report Spam   Logged
kleines c
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 10:48:50 am »

I can confirm that it is Vauxhall, Neil, and I took the image directly from the V&A website overnight.  Of course, Ranelagh might be nearer to home, but not for everyone.

It is not particularly appropriate for Christmas, but as we are well past, something totally inappropriate suddenly becomes a good choice for 2013.  I guess that the serious point I wish to make is that we are restrained by social conventions.  Of course, they change all the time.

Let us hope that in 2013, we may leave the world a little better than we have found it.  Three cheers form kleines c and the gang (morning coffee)!
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 11:38:25 am »

I guess that the serious point I wish to make is that we are restrained by social conventions.  Of course, they change all the time.

And yet your Vauxhall print shows the important interdependence of performers and connoisseurs - a second reason to admire it :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: