The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:14:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Christopher Rouse upload

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Rouse upload  (Read 2636 times)
Paulp
Level 2

Times thanked: 2

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2012, 09:05:46 am »

I attempted to access the mouthwatering Christopher Rouse hoard that has just appeared only to get the following from Rapidshare:

Download not available
File owner's public traffic exhausted. (da3c7b74)

:(

Is there a chance that it could be reposted?

Many thanks in advance.............

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

suffolkcoastal
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 04:35:42 pm »

I got the same message. Please can they be re-uploaded as there are some interesting pieces here.
Report Spam   Logged
lescamil
Level 3

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 07:03:46 pm »

Sorry about that. I am no longer paying for a premium Rapidshare account, so I had a feeling this would happen. Can anyone tell me where I can reupload this archive at? It is rather huge, so the alternate site would have to accomodate a large file.
Report Spam   Logged
dyn
Level 3

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 07:19:45 pm »

might have to break the file down into units of <200 mb... mediafire seems like the most reliable of the cloud storage sites i know of, but unless you upgrade to one of their premium plans (the cheapest of which allows files of up to 1 GB) individual file size is limited
Report Spam   Logged
lescamil
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »

Ok, I will break it up and put it on Mediafire. Stay tuned.
Report Spam   Logged
lescamil
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »

Ok, I updated the post with new links.
Report Spam   Logged
Paulp
Level 2

Times thanked: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »

Many thanks! Looking forward to getting to grips with them all.  :)
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 10:01:22 am »

Fantastic Christmas present - just playing his 'Karolju' which I received for Christmas; went onto his site to discover he'd written a Requiem, which didn't appear to be recorded, wondered how on earth I'd ever get hold of it, then popped onto A-M F to discover it's magically appeared !

Much thanks to Mr. Lescamil - and of course, once more, Happy Holidays to all !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
lescamil
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 10:47:59 am »

One bit of news about the Requiem. Apparently there were plans to commercially record it (with Teldec, I believe), but they reportedly pulled out of plans. It will continue to be in limbo for a while yet. The recording I provided will have to suit us until it gets a proper recording (not that there is anything wrong with the premiere!), but who knows when that will be.
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 02:20:12 pm »

Oh, dear !
After all that it's fooled me, & come up with a 'zip' which I can't open - not like Mediafire's usual downloads at all.
 Tell me I'm being stupid....OK & after you've done that any advice would be most welcome !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Holger
Level 3

Times thanked: 25

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 02:57:12 pm »

Hi,

first, thanks to lescamil for reuploading the files on MediaFire - I now downloaded them as well. For those having problems with decompressing the files, I use a little program called "hjsplit" for that. Just google it, it's very easy to use and will give you the back the file you need (and then can decompress as always).
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 04:40:06 pm »

Mr. Holger - thanks; did look it up....as always am hugely hesitant about programs that say 'oh, we'll just do all these things as well', so will pass on that.
Unsure why this Mediafire download differs from the many I've managed pretty 'incident-free' from here & elsewhere. Is there no other way than to download more 'dodgy looking' software ?
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Holger
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 05:02:39 pm »

The reason is just that lescamil splitted the file before uploading it to MediaFire because it would have been too large for a single upload. That's nothing MediaFire did, in fact. There is an upper limit regarding the size of the files which can be uploaded to MediaFire (it's 200 MB). So, if you want to upload larger files you must split them in whatever way. Different methods require different tools, and this one just requires hjsplit (actually, I don't know for sure whether it might also be done by using another program) - in any case, I used hjslit myself dozens of times before and never had any problems.
Report Spam   Logged
lescamil
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 06:14:07 pm »

Sorry I should have noted in the post. Please use hjsplit or 7zip (what I used to split it) to join the three files.
Report Spam   Logged
Holger
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »

Oh, of course I should also have thought about 7zip since this is a program I have in use myself as well. Anyhow, both programs work fine and are easy to use. 7zip offers a lot of further functions, hjsplit is basically just for splitting and joining files.

Back to Rouse: of course, I cannot say for sure which orchestra is playing in "Kabir Padavali" and who is conducting, but Rouse's website gives the information that the work was premiered by Dawn Upshaw, the Minnesota Orchestra and David Zinman. So, these performers are at least a reasonable candidate for those we hear in the recording you uploaded.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: