The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:20:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Time, Forward!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time, Forward!  (Read 5183 times)
t-p
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:59:08 am »

Sviridov was well known composer in the Soviet Russia. He is one of the national composers that didn't make a break through internationally.

I also know the theme  of the piece in the clip very well. Maybe it reflects times when communist party tried to create enthusiasm and sense of progress, industrialization. People believed that life is going to get better and music reflected that. But now we can look on this music without political agenda.

There is an example of his music that we used to play.

His Pushkin cycle was well known. I don't think all songs in  the cycle are interesting. I played the second one with a singer. He was limited in what he was allowed to set to music. Pushkin was safe choice. But it was possible to express loneliness and sadness that all people go through and can relate to.

I mostly associated him with songs and it could be more difficult for international audience.

He was well known composer and I loved his music.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: