The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:00:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

New CPO releases!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New CPO releases!  (Read 167 times)
kyjo
« on: November 30, 2012, 08:31:46 pm »

Here are some new releases from CPO:

-Gottfried Hendrik Mann (1858-1904): Clarinet Concerto, op. 90; Violin Concerto, op. 101; Festival Prelude, op. 95; Orchestral Suite no. 3, op. 98 (Sebastian Manz, clarinet; Akiko Yamada, violin; Osnabruck SO/Hermann Baumer)

This Dutch composer was completely unheard of by me before. He also composed a symphony which might be worth investigating. Apparently he was quite prolific.

-Dora Pejacevic (1885-1923): Chamber Music, Vol. 2: Piano Quintet, op. 40; Piano Quartet, op. 58; Impromptu for piano quartet, op. 9 (Oliver Triendl, piano/Quatuour Sine Nomine)

The CPO disc containing this female Croatian composer's Symphony and Fantaisie Concertante for piano and orchestra is one of my most treasured discs, so I greatly look forward to this upcoming release of Pejacevic's echt-romantic music :).

-It also might be worth mentioning that CPO has boxed up their 3 CDs of the complete symphonies (and some smaller orchestral works) of the original and talented German composer Felix Draeseke (1835-1913). So, now's the chance to snap up these discs if you haven't already acquired them :)!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: