The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:59:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stanford String Quartet no. 5 from Steve's Bedroom Band on IMSLP

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanford String Quartet no. 5 from Steve's Bedroom Band on IMSLP  (Read 221 times)
kyjo
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:23:36 am »

Steve's Bedroom Band never ceases to amaze-they are amateur (perhaps a step above) performances, but what really impresses me is the sheer adventurousness and dedication Steve (and whoever else is involved) displays :) :). Anyways, their latest recording is of CV Stanford's String Quartet no. 5, op. 104 (1908). The same group has also recorded Stanford's SQ 3, and Hyperion has recorded no. 1 :). Please-if you have had any doubts about the quality of the Band's performances, give them a try :). BTW, a great find that they have recorded is Jacob Rosenhain's SQ 3 in D minor. A strikingly memorable opening and an infectious, catchy scherzo are some of the many highlights of this piece :). There's still so many recordings they've made that I still need to explore...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jimfin
Level 4

Times thanked: 21

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:25:51 am »

Thanks Kyjo: I might point out that Hyperion also recorded no. 2. That means that with 1 and 2 on CD, 3 and 4 on Steve and 7 and 8 on this site, it is now possible to listen to 6 of Stanford's 8 quartets in some form.
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 03:46:36 pm »

Thanks, jimfin, for these additions :). I should have known about these recordings ::)!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: