The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:01:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kosovar music

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kosovar music  (Read 207 times)
shamus
« on: November 25, 2012, 04:48:57 am »

Thanks to Elroel I now know that these composers are from Kosovo, although they have Albanian ethnicity, so I have changed this post to this new site. Thanks, Elroel

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bbkc3om9g5c3

This is an LP of some Balkan orchestral music, I can't read the information, so I am not sure of the real name of the orchestra, unless it is the Belgrade RTVSO, and Albanian has some diacritical marks in it that I can't reproduce. It is RTB LP 2458.

I have always been intrigued by Balkan culture and was happy to find quite a lot of its classical music represented on YouTube, try searching Kosovar Classical Music. Another odd note, if you are familiar with the music of Peggy Glanville-Hicks, is that the theme to the Zadeja piece sounds a lot like some of her themes in the Etruscan Concerto, and opera Transfigured Heads. She liked the music of Greece and the southern Balkans apparently. 

Raul Dhomi
Uverture nga Opera "Goca e Kacanikut"
Conductor: Bahri Qela

Lorenc Antoni
Ne Prizrenin e vjeter
Conductor Bahri Qela

Mark Kacinari
Suite Ilire
Conductor: Ferdinand Deda
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up