The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:05:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Composers away from the main musical capitals

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Composers away from the main musical capitals  (Read 1687 times)
guest224
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:09 am »

Christopher, he meant "from Ho and Feofanov" :)

Thanks!
X Christopher
Please could you give some details about cds Byelorussian Anthology?

Hi Toby - when I get access to a scanning machine, I will scan the booklet with details about all 13 CDs and put it on mediafire. But this won't be for a few weeks so please keep reminding me.  I will put up images of all my Belarusian CDs. Some are in Belarusian only.  Do you read Cyrillic?

Many Thanks i 'll wait however you could say the label for instance.

I bought it in a tiny obscure shop in Minsk dedicated to preserving the Belarusian language.  I am not sure what the label is, but the front cover looks like this - http://www.mediafire.com/?lv8bilh68th8a
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 05:20:06 am »

Getting back to Lokshin.....I listened to his Symphony no. 8 just now. It is scored for tenor soloist and orchestra, but the piece is instrumental for the most part. I quite enjoyed it-it wasn't as "arid" or "colorless" as I remember some of Lokshin's other compositions being. The organ plays a prominent role at various points in the piece, especially near the end where it sustains a G major chord underneath valedictory fanfare-like musings from a solo trumpet. Perhaps my earlier judgement of Lokshin's music was a bit unfair......

:)
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 07:14:49 pm »

Christopher, he meant "from Ho and Feofanov" :)

Thanks!
X Christopher
Please could you give some details about cds Byelorussian Anthology?

Hi Toby - when I get access to a scanning machine, I will scan the booklet with details about all 13 CDs and put it on mediafire. But this won't be for a few weeks so please keep reminding me.  I will put up images of all my Belarusian CDs. Some are in Belarusian only.  Do you read Cyrillic?

Many Thanks i 'll wait however you could say the label for instance.

I bought it in a tiny obscure shop in Minsk dedicated to preserving the Belarusian language.  I am not sure what the label is, but the front cover looks like this - http://www.mediafire.com/?lv8bilh68th8a
Thanks i see never from Belarus on cd after Olympia's serie.

Hi Toby (and others) - I put up the full scan of the booklet to the Belarus Anthology - see the string on this site called "Music of Belarus", and also http://www.mediafire.com/?lv8bilh68th8a .
Report Spam   Logged
Malito
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 03:30:02 am »

Colin, I did very much enjoy the Lokshin symphonies you posted...thak you!  He is a hard nut to crack but I thought these symphonies were verymuch worth listening to.  Thank you!  Malito
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: