The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:21:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Francis Grier - Five Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Francis Grier - Five Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary  (Read 120 times)
twinpny
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:07:57 am »

I'm searching for an off-air recording of the Francis Grier's Five Joyful Mysteries

It's a work that was broadcast on Radio 3 in December 2000 for the BBC's contribution to the EBU link-up. I think the performance (from King's College Chapel, Cambridge) was also repeated at Christmas 2002. The performers are the BBC Singers and Endymion, under Stephen Cleobury.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

I find Francis Grier's music very interesting and believe it deserves a wider audience.

Many thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:57:48 pm »

I recorded it in 2000 I think but I had to record from a dutch radio station the reception of which was VERY bad at that time in Germany. Sometimes the noise is louder than the music. Moreover the beginning is missing.
If no one else has a recording I will gladly upload it but I doubt that you will enjoy it - due to the bad sound I mean, not the quality of the music, which reminded me a bit of Brittens Church Parables.
Report Spam   Logged
twinpny
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »

Thanks very much for uploading - gives a good idea of of the music, in spite of the quality!
Report Spam   Logged
Jim
Level 2

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »

twinpny, I have a German cassette from 1990 of the 'Mirjam' Quartet. Not being fluent in German I cannot find out for sure if it is still commercially available.

It is titled 'Meditationsmusik zum Misereor-Hungertuch'. If it is now unavailable commercially I will happily digitise it. It is played by the Chillingirian Quartet. Failing that I do have a radio programme with Francis Grier talking about the work on the radio 4 religious programme 'Seeds of Faith' which includes a few examples.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: