The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:01:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

New CPO Releases (nothing to get that excited about!)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New CPO Releases (nothing to get that excited about!)  (Read 1285 times)
kyjo
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:45:18 am »

IIRC, isn't (wasn't?) CPO planning a Julius Weismann (1878-1950, German composer) orchestral series? I believe Alun Francis (of Frankel and Pettersson fame) will be the conductor in any further orchestral recordings of this composer made. CPO has already recorded string orchestra versions of two of Weismann's string quartets, but has not recorded anything of his since. I believe the first disc in the recording is supposed to contain his substantial Violin Concerto no. 1, and I seem to recall that his Symphonia Brevis and Sinfonietta Severa is in their recording plans as well. Does anyone have any information about CPO's plans regarding Weismann-e.g., have some of his pieces already been recorded but just not yet released on CD (as with JN David)? Or has CPO just put Weismann on the back burner? Sincere apologies for asking so many questions tonight :-[! I should really just stop being lazy and find the answers myself ::) ;D!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: