The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:50:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Schreker Schatzgraber from Nederlands Opera

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schreker Schatzgraber from Nederlands Opera  (Read 462 times)
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:31:32 am »

I would be very grateful if some kind member of the forum could record (in good quality sound) this streamed broadcast of Schreker's Der Schatzgraber from Nederlands Opera (15th September) -

http://ntroperalive.radio4.nl/uitzending/186553/NTR%20Opera%20Live.html

- my internet connection is not robust enough to capture a break-up-free copy.

::)

The opera begins about 50 minutes into the broadcast and is divided into two sections (Prologue/ Act 1/ Act 2 + Act 3/ Act 4/ Epilogue).

:)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest2
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

Here you are:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/68qm2n

It's the whole four-hour broadcast, which came in mp3 form; bit-rate 128 kb/s (that doesn't seem very much, but no alternative appears to be on offer), sample rate 48,000 Hertz. I put the mp3 file inside a zip file, and the size of the zip file is 228,702,478 bytes.

If you have difficulty downloading a file of that size from Sendspace, just let me know and tomorrow I will extract just the section or sections with the opera.

You almost certainly know - but some members may not - that "Speellijst" on the page you referenced means "Play List" and it lists the items contained in the file. The file starts at 7pm.

Thanks for drawing attention to this rarity!

. . .
Yes, I have now had another look at the "play list", and it appears to begin with a few bleeding chunks, and then the opera starts at the 20:04 mark:

19:05
Schreker, Franz Romantische Suite - III. Allegro vivace Gürzenich-Orchester Köln Conlon, James EMI 6 27973 2

19:17
Schreker, Franz Der ferne Klang - Wie seltsam das ist Moser, Thomas [tenor] Radio-Symphonie-Orchester Berlin Albrecht, Gerd Capriccio 60 024-2

19:25
Schreker, Franz Der ferne Klang - Grete! Hörst Du den Ton? Moser, Thomas [tenor] & Schnaut, Gabriele [sopraan] Radio-Symphonie-Orchester Berlin Albrecht, Gerd Capriccio 60 024-2

19:38
Schreker, Franz Die Gezeichneten - Uns're Zeit ist voll seltsame Dinge Connell, Elizabeth [sopraan] Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin Zagrosek, Lothar DECCA 444 442-2

19:50
Schreker, Franz Der Schatzgraber - Ah, fühlst du's, Holde Protschka, Josef [tenor] & Schnaut, Gabriele [sopraan] Philharmonisches Staatsorchester Albrecht, Gerd Capriccio 60 010-2
[an aria extracted as a foretaste?]

20:04
Schreker, Franz Der Schatzgraber - Voorspel, Eerste akte, Tweede akte Koor van De Nederlandse Opera & solisten Nederlands Philharmonisch Orkest Albrecht, Marc
[Prologue (i.e. Voorspel), First Act, Second Act]

21:20
Schreker, Franz Symfonie in a op.1 - III. Andante WDR Sinfonieorchester Gulke, Peter BRILLIANT 94237
[another bleeding chunk]

21:35
Schreker, Franz Der Schatzgraber - Derde akte, Vierde akte, Naspel Koor van De Nederlandse Opera & solisten Nederlands Philharmonisch Orkest Albrecht, Marc
[Third Act, Fourth Act, Epilogue]

23:02
Eisler, Hanns Wiegenlieder für Arbeitermütter: Als ich dich gebar Gisela May [zang] & Walter Olbertz [piano] Berlin Classics 0017962bc
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:46:00 pm »

Thanks very much for providing this, Gerard. It's a really excellent performance, which CPO should definitely add to their splendid Schreker series.

:)

Unfortunately, it seems as though someone at the radio station hasn't been paying attention and the stream of the broadcast cuts off a couple of minutes before the end of the Epilogue, i.e. when it reaches the four-hour mark ...

>:(

... should the radio station be made aware of this (I'm afraid that my knowledge of the relevant language is non-existent)?

???

If only there hadn't been so much gabbling and spinning discs before-hand.

::)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 12:06:09 am »

I have eventually managed to track down the complete Epilogue from another source and will post the complete opera in the Austrian folder.

;D
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: