The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:00:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Further Casella soon from Chandos.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Further Casella soon from Chandos.  (Read 699 times)
albert
Level 3

Times thanked: 6

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:08:28 am »

Chandos will very soon record in Manchester Casella's Third Symphony and "Italia" (BTW the same titles of the CPO Cd).
That was said to me by Maestro Noseda (and the Casella series will go on- other titles yet to be decided).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kyjo
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 03:38:40 pm »

Whilst I am glad Casella is getting lavished with attention by the record companies these days, I think it is time to move on to a different composer. For example, we desperately need first-class recordings of the Malipiero symphonies and the Pizzetti symphony (and other works by him). I hope any upcoming volumes will feature the Violin Concerto and the Triple Concerto, which have not recieved recordings by Naxos or Chandos yet. Again, I don't want to be negative to Chandos in any way, but we need other things more than a third recording of Casella's Symphony no. 3, which, although a very fine piece, there are other pieces of equal merit that have not recieved professional recordings yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:54 pm »

Whilst I am glad Casella is getting lavished with attention by the record companies these days, I think it is time to move on to a different composer. For example, we desperately need first-class recordings of the Malipiero symphonies and the Pizzetti symphony (and other works by him). I hope any upcoming volumes will feature the Violin Concerto and the Triple Concerto, which have not recieved recordings by Naxos or Chandos yet. Again, I don't want to be negative to Chandos in any way, but we need other things more than a third recording of Casella's Symphony no. 3, which, although a very fine piece, there are other pieces of equal merit that have not recieved professional recordings yet.

I totally and completely agree with every word in your post :) :)

Casella is being "done to death" at the moment. Time to move on to Malipiero and Pizzetti, as you so rightly say.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 02:17:30 pm »

And another new Casella disc from Naxos ;D

It couples the unrecorded Partita for piano and orchestra and the Introduzione, Corale e Marcia with the Symphonic Fragments from "La donna serpente"(already recorded by Chandos).

This whole saga of Chandos and Naxos virtually simultaneously recording all Casella's orchestral music would be amusing if it were not commercially a bit daft ::)

.......and STILL we wait for some Pizzetti and some more Malipiero :(
Report Spam   Logged
guest251
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 07:41:36 am »

There is in fact a new disc of Pizzetti coming from Chandos, conducted by meastro Noseda (with his Turin forces) in January, including some choral works.  :)
Report Spam   Logged
guest251
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 07:44:07 am »

Sorry, posted in too much haste (and before my morning coffee....) - I meant Petrassi, not Pizzetti!! Nevertheless, a very welcome release(at least on this Forum, the other place doubtless will ban any reference to it).

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Chandos/CHAN10750
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 03:46:05 pm »

I would have liked a disc of unrecorded Pizzetti better, but Petrassi (his more accessible compositions, that is) is always welcome :). Thanks for the heads-up!
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:07 am »

The Petrassi Magnificat and Psalm IX......marvellous :) :)

A must buy indeed :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: