The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:55:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Links to videos of compositions by little-known composers

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to videos of compositions by little-known composers  (Read 5062 times)
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2012, 02:07:40 am »

"Youtube" videos - some of them - can be exciting and worthwhile. If you find a good "youtube" video that contains music by a little-known composer, but does not clearly fit under any of the existing sections, this board will henceforth be the right place to link to it. Very Important: please use only short youtube links.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 06:06:10 am by Admin » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:37:58 am »

The suggestion of the 'short form' of the YouTube link seems very worthwhile, and will improve the visible appeal of the page :)
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:53:52 am »

The suggestion of the 'short form' of the YouTube link seems very worthwhile, and will improve the visible appeal of the page :)
Please explain how the "short link" is obtained..
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:56:39 am »

Because of a limitation in the forum software, I would request all members to use the short forms of "youtube" links. They are easy to obtain. If you are watching the video, you will see below it a little tab labelled "Share":

Click on that, and a blue box will appear, containing the desired short link:

Simply hit control-C to copy that short link. You can then come back to the forum and paste that short link into your messages, and all will be well.

Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 11:22:09 am »

Please explain how the "short link" is obtained..

Thanks, your explaination was very clear and will be quite useful.
Report Spam   Logged
shamus
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 04:29:07 am »

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrJohannStraussViena/videos

Delightful youtube channel with lots of romantic and late romantic light overtures, intermezzos, etc. if you are into that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 07:01:39 am »

I have temporarily resumed the role of administrator, solely so as to avoid the threatened catastrophic loss of vital data.

In due course a poll of all our members may be arranged.

Normal service will not be interrupted.

S.G.
Report Spam   Logged
soundwave106
Level 2

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 06:39:59 pm »

What gets posted on You Tube is the business of You Tube and not our business.

I think that, um, the content of the hyperlink does indeed matter in the end. Elsewise posting recent CDs uploaded to The Pirate Bay or Rutracker or some other torrent site would be entirely kosher.  :P

Youtube's a strange case, though, because it's not explicitly a site for pirates (it has a takedown mechanism and a way to report videos) and it does have a "content ID" system that tries to compensate musicians for the playback, even if they did not upload the work. A lot of musicians are unhappy at Youtube's meager streaming pay rate though (plenty of articles about that).

I think the risk to this forum is non-existent. If the original record companies wanted to take down the copyrighted content, they'd report it to Youtube directly, not to the small sites linking to it. So it's more of an ethical question in the end.
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 12:07:28 am »

One day ago some one changed the administration password for this forum. They must have used some hacker's tool to do so.

A few minutes after the password was changed, you made a long post as administrator using the changed password and stolen user-name.

I must now ask you, Dundonnell, to tell us, who committed this act, and how was the pirate password communicated to you?

What is the present administration password of this forum, and who, apart from you, knows it?

Your long-term future at this forum depends on your honesty in responding to these questions.

Report Spam   Logged
guest632
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 08:23:40 am »

As members will perhaps appreciate this transcription (copying and pasting!) has involved a little effort.
Sorry, but you are certainly not an administrator of this forum. As you well know, you were dismissed on September 28th because of your threats to delete other people's posts. Your unsuitability as an administrative assistant for me became clear at that point.
You are now using a stolen password, and have no authority.

Nor are you any longer even a member of this forum. You were expelled as a member on the 9th of October because you were sitting on the stolen passsword and childishly refusing to hand it over to the forum owner.

Since Baziron and I started this forum in 2009 our motto has been "freedom and delight". There is no place for deleters here. Since the year dot deleters on the internet have always been despised and abhorred.

You have tried to hide the true facts about this by removing posts and even by removing the forum owner's account. Such childish actions have just wrecked our forum (and have also caused the loss of many of my friends' private email addresesses). But stealing the password does not make the forum yours!

We at this forum have never had a policy of protecting the activities of record companies, and to say that we have is a downright lie.

I want to know 1) how you obtained a pirate password for this forum, and 2) why you are sitting on it and refusing to reveal it.

In 2011, when I made space available here for people affected by a change of policy at the Unsung Composers, the owners of that forum gave me several serious warnings about you and your behaviour. But clearly I was too trusing at that time, and decided to give you a chance.

As soon as this affair is cleared up I intend to start three new boards: one for string quartets, another for piano quintets, and a third devoted to other chamber music. People who want to discuss record companies and their doings will have to start separate threads.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: