The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:43:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

W Denis Browne (Killed 1918): To Gratiana, dancing and singing.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W Denis Browne (Killed 1918): To Gratiana, dancing and singing.  (Read 238 times)
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2018, 11:32:21 am »

A most beautiful song. Relevant in view of the commemoration of the end of World War One I think. Sung by the wonderful singer Wiffred Brown (Finzi: Dies Natalis) and not from a commercial CD as far as I'm aware:
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Buster
Level 1

Times thanked: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 03:15:44 pm »

The recording is, I believe, from an obscure Wilfred Brown LP on the Jupiter label, a transfer of which can be found here:

http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com/2018/05/english-songs-from-wilfred-brown.html

I shared this LP (courtesy of a friend of mine) the day before it appeared on YouTube, probably not a coincidence.
Report Spam   Logged
Vandermolen
Level 4

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:26:03 pm »

The recording is, I believe, from an obscure Wilfred Brown LP on the Jupiter label, a transfer of which can be found here:

http://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com/2018/05/english-songs-from-wilfred-brown.html

I shared this LP (courtesy of a friend of mine) the day before it appeared on YouTube, probably not a coincidence.

Thanks for the clarification.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: