The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:17:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Zarebski and Zelenski Piano Quintets from Hyperion

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zarebski and Zelenski Piano Quintets from Hyperion  (Read 585 times)
kyjo
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:13:54 am »

This eagerly-awaited release has just been announced on the Hyperion website: http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67905&vw=dc
It's a real shame Zelenski's two symphonies are not extant :(. On the bright side, Hyperion could be bringing out both his PC, possibly coupled with Zarebski's PC, but I have no conformations of this.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:06:29 am »

This eagerly-awaited release has just been announced on the Hyperion website: http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67905&vw=dc
It's a real shame Zelenski's two symphonies are not extant :(. On the bright side, Hyperion could be bringing out both his PC, possibly coupled with Zarebski's PC, but I have no conformations of this.
As has been pointed out, Zarebski's PC is a mythic work.  Mythic as in non-existent.  I think there may be some sketches, but that's about as far as it got before he expired.
Report Spam   Logged
markniew
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »

On the UC forum I mentioned few months ago that according to the notes on the cover of the old LP by Muza with Zarebski's Piano Quintet the manuscript of the pf concerto had been found then (sixties) in Moscow. I was also told thet the manuscript was then in hands of Igor Belza.

as to Zeleński - there is only one pf cto by him
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »

Thanks for the information, Marek :)!
Report Spam   Logged
t-p
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:11 am »

Thanks for information. Zelensky's music is coming forward now and is more available. Thank you for interesting discussion and information.
Report Spam   Logged
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

On the UC forum I mentioned few months ago that according to the notes on the cover of the old LP by Muza with Zarebski's Piano Quintet the manuscript of the pf concerto had been found then (sixties) in Moscow. I was also told thet the manuscript was then in hands of Igor Belza.
The only trouble is nobody, but NOBODY, seems to have seen it - not even an eminent Polish musicologist, whose name temporarily escapes me, who wrote a few years ago a monograph (in Polish) on Zarebski. I tend to the view that it is a myth.
Report Spam   Logged
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »

I have a feeling that if Hyperion record the Zelenski PC it may be coupled with the 2 movt. Zarzycki PC.
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:25 pm »

Zelenski, Zarebski, and Zarzycki-The Three Zs ;D!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: